Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Kiila and other things

Here are a few things I'm working on at the moment.

Firstly there is my Kiila socks. I'm using Wollmeise 80/20 Twin in WD fuchsia. It's such a rich and vibrant colour. They are a bit full on with the twisted stitches on every row. I've already made a couple of mistakes but I'm not going to show you where :) These are great to knit when I feel like something challenging instead of my mindless Neat Ripple Blanket. The Neat Ripple Blanket is packed and ready to head to the hospital with me for when I have my baby...which, by the way I think has finally engaged. Bring it on!


Secondly, I HAD to make my own version of Anna Maria Horner's Little Luxuries baby receiving blankets. I've used AMH voile in Maybe Sixpence together with Robert Kaufman flannel in Blue Cloud and AMH voile in RiverRock for binding. I've made a second one using AMH voile in Diamond Mine Ink together with Robert Kaufman flannel in White and AMH voile in Water for binding. Making the bias binding has been a bit of a challenge. After researching several websites, I finally understood the instructions. Note to self: Don't use disappearing ink pen to mark the lines as they disappear within 15 minutes! I've only got the binding to go for these.


Thirdly I really wanted to use up the Moda Bliss jelly roll I had leftover from this project. So I got to work on EQ7 to design something. I've never made a pinwheel in my life and these turned out a lot smaller than planned. But they still look cute. I'm binding it using Kona Primrose and Moda Bliss flannel in Polka sweet. I didn't have a recipient in mind for this, but a friend gave birth to a baby girl after 2 sons. I know she loves shabby chic, so I might have to gift it to her. I'm still not sure how I'm going to baste this since I think the baby has decided to! engage itself at 38 weeks. I'm not sure I'm going to finish any of these before the baby comes. Aargh!

No comments:

Post a Comment