Monday, January 3, 2011

Burp cloths and pram blanket

Ok, so here they are. What do you think? I just made a template maximising the longest side of a fat quarter (approx 21"). I made a dent on one side about 7" long and 2" deep. I only made half a template to be cut on a fold.

I cut the fabrics on the fold using my half template. I placed one printed fabric and one flannel fabric right sides facing and overlocked the edges leaving one straight side with a 5" opening. I then turned them right side out and pressed. Then I topstitched about 1/8" from the edge. That's it.

Pram blanket, originally uploaded by stitch-by-stitch.

And here is the matching pram blanket. Designed and planned on EQ7 and then put together in an hour and a half. To top it off, it was exactly the same size as the nappy liners I used to back the burp cloths so no cutting was involved :) Perfect pram size at 25" x 30".

No comments:

Post a Comment