Thursday, March 4, 2010

A million ideas

Ok, so now that the crafting bug has bitten me, I'm finding my mind wandering ALL THE TIME about all the things I'd like to make, knit, dye or try. The thing that is uppermost on my list at the moment is finding a sock yarn that is a lovely warm eggplant/beetroot colour. I cannot find a suitable yarn anywhere. So my mind wanders around the thought of buying a base yarn and dying it myself. I've never done this before, but it can't be THAT hard, can it??

Where does one begin when it comes to freshly dying sock yarn? Where do I buy base yarn? What do I use to dye with? How do I dye it? I've read a few blogs on how to do it, but I'm really not sure what to use as the base. Any ideas?

This will eventually become a pair of Evening Stockings For A Young Lady to wear with my new shoes. HEELLLPPP :)

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh two great minds think alike ;D ....My mind never rests!!

    ReplyDelete