Sunday, July 31, 2011

Dog mat cover


Dog mat cover, originally uploaded by stitch-by-stitch.

Do any of you readers have dogs? Well, if you do, you would understand the frustration of a smelly dirty dog mat. Not to mention the sheer number of them you go through. Puppies like to 'punish' their owners when they are left to their own devices for too long.

Enter the dog mat cover. I came up with this idea when I decided to use my son's very old and cheap fitted cot sheets to cover the dog mat. I kept 3 on rotation so that every couple of days I could change them. Have one in the wash, one on the bed and one spare. Needless to say little teddies and rattles do not a stylish decor make.

I had made a cot sheet for my new baby not long ago, so decided to do the same thing but for the dog mat. Here is one example. I have another one on the sewing table in the reverse colours. The fabric is mid/heavy weight and I think will hold up nicely to doggy wear and tear. It also hides all the dog mat seams which mine love to nip at to release all the stuffing. You like?

2 comments:

  1. me like! Me want! ours have a smelly old blanket that gets chucked in the washing machine when I think about it!
    Love the baby wraps too! I have a couple to make still too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give me your mat dimensions H W D and I'll give you a price if you like? X

    ReplyDelete