Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mum's socks


Mum's socks, originally uploaded by stitch-by-stitch.

I finished these Pillars Socks just in the nick of time. Mother's Day. But not until 10:45pm so unfortunately she didn't receive them on time. But she is coming over today (3 days later) and will receive them. They were a frustrating knit with me continually stuffing up the lace pattern. Let's hope she doesn't look too closely.

Colinette Jitterbug is lovely to knit with. It is a thicker fingering weight yarn so it seems to go quicker. But the only drawback seems the bleeding. I had the same problem when i used it in my Selbu Modern hat. The red bled badly into the cream.

Hopeully they fit and hopefully she will like them :) Love you mum x

1 comment:

  1. They look really lovely and I love that red, I'm sure your mum would love them even if there were a hole in them ;D

    Jitterbug have fab colours :)

    ReplyDelete