Monday, December 10, 2012

Heavily modified Laika


Heavily modified Laika, originally uploaded by stitch-by-stitch.
I saw somebody at my eldest son's prep orientation wearing a long line cardy with an open stitch and short sleeves. After trawling through Ravelry, I finally came up with Laika. Now, if you know Laika, you know that it looks nothing like this cardigan. Laika has a hood, long sleeves, double row of buttons, shorter length and high neckline. It took a bit of figuring out, but I finally made it work for me.

If I were to do it again, I would make one size up to try to get the cardy to sit a little more closed. In saying that, I may grow to like it like this in the warmer months. Overall I'm very happy with it. It's turned out almost exactly how I envisioned. My only real gripe would be the bind off. I did it with a knit bind off and it was too tight. So I used Jeny's stretchy an dnow the edge isn't as neat. Maybe that'll even out in time?

No comments:

Post a Comment