Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Dr Seuss quilt / playmat

Yay, I've finally finished Ryder's playmat. He's only 2.5 weeks old and ready for some tummy time. It was a simple design I made on EQ7. It is just 4" squares (finished) sashed with 2" of Kona Turqoise and then 5" of the Dr Seuss characters fabric. I used a double layer of poly batting to maximise squishiness and plain red flannel for the backing for a bit of grip. Then all I did was stitch in the ditch again to try to maximise squishiness.

I think it's a perfect size for my little 2.5 week old Ryder. And I'm in love with the gorgeous bright colours of the Dr Seuss fabric. It's the first quilt I've made using my new Janome Horizon. I've always had trouble with straight line quilting with puckering at the intersections. But I've had no such drama with this lovely machine. I'm also in love with the speed control. It really helps with getting into a rythm of stitching.


3 comments:

  1. It's great! love how bright it is and Ryder is a cutie on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW what a great job you've done with this and Ryder is a sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! Perfect for tummy time! Love those prints.

    ReplyDelete