Monday, June 6, 2011

Cabled newsboy cap

A friend of mine has a cap just like this one. She mentioned hers was wearing a bit thin after much usage. She hunted around for another one but they were all cheap quality. So after a bit of research, I decided to make a Cabled Newsboy Cap for her. I also bought an extra lot of yarn for one for me (as a test). I've never used Blue Sky Alpacas Worsted Hand Dyes before but I DEFINITELY will again. It's gorgeous and soft yet heavy to keep out the chills. As you can see from hat #1, I stuffed up the first twist of the cable. I thought I was going to hide it well by putting those cables to the back and have the brim centred on the 3 correct cables, but I stuffed that up. Oops. Never mind. I can tell you the hat still covered my ears and kept out the chilly Melbourne weather this morning when I had to head out. I didn't put a plastic bit in the brim because it stands up well enough on its own and it's better to squish in your bag. All in all, a success! I hope Kerry likes hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment